Search (SEO) Specialist
Growing, fast-paced company seeks an experienced, technical Search Engine marketing professional with a proven track record in implementing SEO projects.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
Search Engine Guidelines
Knowledge and analysis of Google algorithm updates and how they affect current on and off-page strategies and current projects. Keeping abreast of white hat and black hat tactics so as not to implement unethical or detrimental SEO campaigns is very important.
Work with marketing team to improve, drive and implement SEO strategy. Proving business cases for proposed strategies and prioritizing developments is a requirement. All new on-site developments need to be reviewed and assessed for the possible impact on SEO, providing recommendations regarding the most efficient method of implementation.
Website Analysis, Keyword Analysis & Reporting
Conduct on-page SEO analysis for client sites to identify areas that need to be revamped or improved. Prepare detailed SEO strategy reports and recommendations.
Keyword analysis & Research: In-depth knowledge of keyword research and reporting. Know how to identify the least inexpensive, yet most profitable keywords for client sites – for pay per click (PPC) campaigns and to improve organic search results.
Reporting: Review and analyze site data weekly to report on the ranking of search terms, as well as search terms driving traffic vs. current keyword universe being used for on & off-page optimization, as well as traffic per marketing vehicle. Monthly reports detailing domain analysis, competitive analysis, links, crawl diagnostics, errors and more. Review and analyze PPC campaigns weekly to make improvements to ad groups, target better keywords.
On Page SEO:
Responsible for creating (and/or overseeing the creation of) original SEO content for client sites, in addition to implementing the technical side of on-page SEO via a content management system (coding, H2, H3, H4’s, copy and more).
This includes the aforementioned keyword research, as well as SEO writing guidelines to ensure all metadata, alt-text and content are keyword optimized to gain the most SE traffic. Work with web team to implement changes, A/B test landing pages, calls to action and more.
Off Page SEO:
Responsible for improving and overseeing the company’s off-page SEO strategies. Implement and improve link building strategy. Build external follow links on reputable, high-quality PR sites that are relevant to the client’s business.
PPC: Review, analyze and implement changes to company’s Google Ad Words program. Understand and take advantage of the synergies between SEO and PPC.
Work with team to write and distribute keyword optimized articles, blog posts, PR, e-mails, social sites, videos, info graphics and more. Develop campaign to attain client reviews for use in client Blog, PPC campaigns and more.
• BS/BA required,; 3-5 years SEO experience
• Knowledge of HTML, CSS, PHP, (ASP/.NET a bonus) and site optimization required
• Knowledge of various content management systems a plus
Skills and Abilities
• Proficiency with Google Analytics, Google Ad Words, Back-link analysis & page ranking tools a must
• Proficiency using Omniture, Quantcast, Compete or Hitwise a plus
• Results oriented. Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to process and make recommendations from data in a time effective manner.
• Strong organizational, project management and tactical execution skills a must.
• Excellent leadership skills. Can communicate business strategy and effectively lead/energize others to support the execution of the marketing plan.
• Strong copy-writing, written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong listening, interpersonal and collaborative ability.
• Highest ethical standards, strong work ethic, highly resourceful and ability to perform effectively in a high-paced, demanding environment.