The Receptionist is responsible for greeting families, informing appropriate staff of arrivals and departures of clients, and maintain a welcoming environment for clients and their families. Perform switchboard operation and miscellaneous clerical functions as needed.
- Answer switchboard accurately, professionally and politely. Directs calls to appropriate staff and/or voicemail and records written messages when necessary.
- Displays a positive attitude and maintain a professional appearance. Observes the confidential nature of services to our clients.
- Receive and sort incoming mail and place it in the appropriate mailboxes. Process outgoing mail. Handle the sorting and processing all packages for messenger services, Federal Express, etc.
- Maintain a current listing of all staff including names, numbers, agency, pagers, cell phones, etc. Update as needed.
- Maintain a client visitor log.
- Provide administrative support as necessary.
- Train relief receptionists on techniques and procedures when necessary.
- Maintain the reception area, keeping it clean, picking up toys, replenishing coffee etc. throughout the day.
- Gains knowledge regarding the Center and the services offered.
- Responsible for the distribution, tracking and reconciliation of the cab coupon program.
- Attends staff meeting and trainings as requested