The Receptionist's job is to create a welcoming and efficient environment for everyone entering the building by promptly answering phones and administrative tasks as required.
Erie Elementary Charter School (EECS), founded in 2005 in the Humboldt Park neighborhood, is built on the strong foundation of Erie Neighborhood House. EECS strives to develop children who are confident in their culture and ethnic origin, bi-literate in Spanish and English, to achieve academic excellence, and who are firmly placed on a path to higher education. EECS looks for teachers and staff who are innovative, flexible, and thrive on building a state of the art learning environment within a collegial environment.
- Answer all telephone inquiries;
- Assist office staff as needed;
- Greet and welcome families, volunteers and guests of the building;
- Oversee sign-in, sign-out of visitors and ensure all visitors wear name badges
- Supervise students waiting in the lobby;
- Process all incoming and outgoing mail;
- Buy food for meetings, when appropriate;
- Create weekly flyers;
- Translate flyers into Spanish
- Coordinate and disseminate contents of Wednesday (Red) folders via hard copy and/or email;
- Create monthly calendar; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Mandatory Job Qualifications
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bilingual English/Spanish required;
- Experience with Microsoft Office;
- Positive attitude, pleasant demeanor and professional etiquette;
- Demonstrate good judgment, self-motivated, problem-solver, team player, follows directions, reliable and responsible;
- Able to exercise initiative and judgment in prioritizing multiple tasks; and
- Ability to respond to emergencies calmly and immediately.
- Have an understanding of the community in which EECS resides.
- Must pass a TB test.
- Must pass background check.