Program Assistant, MENA
The National Endowment for Democracy (NED), a congressionally funded, private, nonprofit grant making organization that works to support freedom around the world, seeks a Program Assistant. This is an entry-level position on our Middle East and North Africa regional program team. The position is based in Washington, D.C.
Provide day-to-day administrative and programmatic support to the Middle East and North Africa program staff.
• Ensure logging in of grant proposals.
• Draft budgets and assist with writing project summaries.
• Provide support for considering and awarding grants to nongovernmental organizations working on democracy building programs in the assigned region/country.
• Assist senior director and staff with general administrative duties.
• Organize events for visiting grantees.
• Attend and report on relevant conferences, meetings, and other events.
• Research information on current political developments in the assigned region/country.