Front Desk Reception (PT)
As the first face to the building, the Front Desk Receptionist provides a welcoming presence, manages access control, solves problems and maintains an appropriate and positive image of the agency at all times. Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Respond to staff, customers and inquiries in a pleasant and appropriate manner, maintaining an appropriate and positive image of the agency at all times.
• Handle busy front desk phones.
• Maintain access control by checking photo identification of each person entering the site per agency policy.
• Supply information to customers about our center and our programs and direct calls or in person questions to the appropriate staff person
• Support staff members with light administrative assistance
• Act as a liaison with Maintenance staff for building needs.
• Take registrations by phone or in person.
Skokie: Monday 7:00-10:30pm, Saturday10:00am–2:00pm, Sunday 9:30am – 4:30 pm with some additional hours as needed
Northbrook: Sundays, 1:00-7:00pm
High school diploma or equivalent; excellent communication and customer service skills; demonstrated proficiency using MS Word and Excel with the ability to learn other systems as required; demonstrated ability to work independently and take initiative but also have the ability to seek help when needed and work as part of a team; must have typing speed of 35 wpm. Must be willing and able to obtain CPR certification and utilize CPR as needed .