Employment Services Specialist
JOB SUMMARY: Provides individual employment management services to participants served by the Academy from enrollment through permanent job placement. Develops relationships and resources in the community to maximize the number and range of permanent employment opportunities available to participants.
1. Manages enrollment process and facilitates orientations for Academy participants.
2. Facilitates participant aptitude and career assessments. Evaluates and reviews assessments, and develops an appropriate individualized career plan with each assigned participant.
3. Provides consistent participant follow-up to support and monitor plan, addressing barriers to employment, modifying and redirecting participant career plan as required.
4. Supports participant transitions between phases of Academy programming from Pathways, Training Class, Practicum to ongoing Job Search.
5. Manages permanent job placement process by assisting participants with job search including individualized job coaching, job search lab time, coordinating access to career outings, job fairs and other hiring events.
6. Develops and manage relationships with community employers to maximize available opportunities for participants.
7. Builds a network of relationships with community resources, schools and training providers to facilitate referrals and linkages to needed services to address employment barriers.
8. Creates and reviews a Completion of Services Plan with each participant at program exit.
9. Represents the agency at various external and community events to market the workforce development training program.
10. Compiles statistical information and reports to track program progress.
11. Maintains participant records, including case notes and other pertinent documentation.
12. Works collaboratively with other departments to ensure a continuum of fully integrated services.
13. Participates in professional seminars or conferences to enhance professional development and job skills.
14. Participates in agency and program staff meetings.
15. Other related duties as assigned.