Employer Relations / Job Developer
This position requires an assertive, results driven and customer focused individual who is passionate about helping people get jobs!
Candidate will be responsible for identifying local businesses throughout Cook County with hiring needs in order to create opportunities for jobseekers. Must be a self-starter with the strong ability to lead fellow team members towards accomplishing monthly, quarterly and annual goals. Candidates with 3-5 years of job placement, workforce development, recruiting and customer relations experience will be given priority consideration.
- Specialize in maintaining a portfolio of current business partners and identify new businesses throughout Cook County
- Must be comfortable "pounding the pavement" for job opportunities by prospecting, cold calling, networking and relationship building ( i.e Job Development activities)
- Develop a territory and industry specific strategy to increase employment opportunities by outlining tactics, activities and resources
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of service offerings, mission, metrics and results
- Utilize needs and satisfaction based selling skills to develop unique employer specific hiring solutions for each prospect encountered
- Deliver presentations and perform demonstrations to large and small audiences that highlight agency’s success rates in placement, retention,outcomes and impact
- Conduct staff trainings on job development strategies and relationship maintenance processes
- Generate quantitative reports, dashboards and spreadsheets to measure goal progress
- Develop creative strategies to get past company "gatekeepers" and in front of those hard-to-see decision makers
- Meet regularly with supervisor and career coaches to discuss progress toward reaching weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual benchmarks. Provide honest and open feedback to career coaches
- Develop 40-50 new business partnerships monthly and organize large scale job fairs for jobseekers
- Serve on workforce development and other employment related sub-committees
- Other duties as required.