CAREERS IN NONPROFITS INC. is a full-service staffing firm that works exclusively with the nonprofit sector.
We are currently in search of an Editorial Assistant for an Association in Chicago. This is a temporary assignment. If you or a friend may be interested in pursuing this opportunity please submit a resume to arandhavacnpstaffing.com with “Editorial Assistant” in the subject line.
For more information about us and our other available opportunities, please visit our web site at www.careersinnonprofits.com. While you’re there, “Register as a Candidate” today. You can also get all of our job announcements and job search tips by liking us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/CareersInNonprofits) or following us on Linkedin (www.linkedin.com/company/careers-in-nonprofits).
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Association
LOCATION: Chicago (accessible via public transportation)
POSITION TITLE: Editorial Assistant
SALARY: $14 - $17 per hour, commensurate with experience
DURATION: 6-8 weeks
• Proofread and copy edit educational publications, email newsletters, Web content and marketing materials
• Layout, proof and edit meeting flyers using InDesign CS4 for the PC
• Transcribe interviews
• Handle minor clerical duties
• Juggle multiple deadlines
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, or Communications
• Proficient in PC software including: MS Word, InDesign CS4, and Photoshop
• Proficient in applying grammar and punctuation rules using AP style
• Attentive to detail
• Able to work under deadline
• Familiarity with financial and investment terms preferred
** Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.