Early Childhood and Family Programs Coordinator
Title: Early Childhood and Family Programs Coordinator
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Department: Programs and Interpretation
Reports to: Programs Manager
Date Prepared: June 15, 2012
The Garfield Park Conservatory Alliance (GPCA) is a community oriented non-profit organization involved in a unique partnership with the Chicago Park District and its historic plant conservatory. The Department of Programs and Interpretation supports the mission of the Garfield Park Conservatory Alliance by connecting people to plants, and is dedicated to developing, implementing, and facilitating a heightened interest and deeper understanding of the plant world, both inside and beyond the Conservatory’s glass walls
The Early Childhood and Family Programs Facilitator is a full-time position requiring weekend hours. Primary responsibilities are to 1) prepare and facilitate family educational programming on a weekly and special event basis; 2) manage and train part time Program Facilitators, interns, and volunteers in family programming areas; 3) oversee development and upkeep of on-going program components utilized for family programming areas; 5) assist in facilitating, developing, marketing, and evaluating all program objectives of education department. 6) Attend professional development trainings on early childhood education regularly.
1. Oversee the facilitation, implementation, and continued development of Early Childhood and Family Programming.
2. Oversee the coordination, scheduling, and training of volunteers, interns, and part-time staff for early childhood and family programs.
3. Manage year-round internship program.
4. Assist in developing concepts and ideas for on-site programs and take-home activities.
5. Support volunteers through training, management and appreciation events.
6. Track, record, and evaluate program attendance and feedback data.
7. Assist departmental staff in the facilitation of special event programming and other programming as needed.
8. Work flexible hours, weekends, and during special events as needed.
9. Work in conjunction with school and teacher program staff to develop and facilitate professional development trainings, with a focus on early childhood caregivers.
10. Help facilitate early childhood group visits to the Conservatory.
11. Develop comprehensive early childhood training, with a focus on skill building and nurturing nature in early childhood audiences.
12. Assist exhibit development team in programmatic design of future child-oriented garden spaces.