Director of Information Services
The Director of Information Services is responsible for providing the strategic vision, planning and implementation of the technology needed to ensure that the agency is able to successfully address its business needs. The Director is responsible for maintaining a current knowledge base on all JCC programs in order to best assess and address these needs. The Director of Information services provides the framework by which their staff provides the very highest level of knowledge and support.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Proactively research technology that supports the business needs of the agency; present recommendations to CFO and other senior management staff.
• Provide oversight and direction for the network and systems administration. Work with the Network Engineer to maintain the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all JCC data and develop/maintain a business continuity/disaster recovery program to ensure availability in any scenario.
• Serve as a project sponsor and principle stakeholder on all IS-related projects, system upgrades and new technology implementations.
• Problem solving and troubleshooting; evaluate and implement procedures, training and equipment that allows for maximum efficiency and cost containment. Assist with 2nd and 3rd level support when needed.
• Guide the Network Engineer and other IS staff in the development of internal and external metrics that allow for the identification of: developmental needs of IS staff, JCC staff training needs and technology needs of the agency.
• Create, maintain and enforce agency wide IS policies and procedures; provide regular communication to staff regarding policies and procedures.
• Develop and manage vendor and technology consultant relationships, document agreed upon work to ensure work assigned is completed on time and on budget.
• Work with Marketing & Creative Services Director and Interactive Manager to understand technology needs as it relates to sales and marketing initiatives. Work collaboratively to address urgencies and to develop plans based on our technical capabilities.
• Provide strategic support for the agency’s web development needs. Recommend World Wide Web best practices from a business and technology perspective.
• Work with Financial Manager and supervisor regarding budget preparation, planning, management and compliance.
• Review continuing operational processes and procedures and identify possible cost savings.
• Develop and maintain an agency wide disaster recovery plan.
• Hire and manage IS team. Create annual goals, staff development and training plans and evaluation processes (both formal and informal).
• Communicate agency mission and impact to IS staff. Ensure all staff understand priorities and urgencies.
• Proactively meet with Product and Operational department heads to understand agency mission and impact as well as the specific technology challenges urgencies staff face.
• BA or BS Degree in Information Systems, Business or equivalent work experience required; Masters Degree helpful.
• 8-10 years progressive management level experience;
• Demonstrated success supervising and developing staff;
• Strong communication skills (both oral and written);
• Ability to foster and maintain a strong team environment;
• World Wide Web and associated applications experience required;
• Windows 2000, 2003, 2008 server experience required;
• Novell NetWare experience required;
• Cisco router and switch experience required (CCNA preferred);
• Cisco Unity experience preferred;
• Server hardware experience required (HP/Dell preferred);
• Mobile device support (iPhone, Android and tablets) required;
• Linux Server experience is plus;
• Cisco ASA firewall preferred;
• Database management/reporting experience preferred (MSSQL, Oracle);
• MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer), CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Administrator) certifications a plus;
• MySQL and Cisco CallManager experience is a plus .
We are looking for someone eager to bring their skills to a community-based organization, who possess the ability to understand JCC of Chicago’s business needs, complex work environment and marry that with technology insight and direction.