Description: CEDA is looking for a mission-focused, seasoned, strategic, and process-minded leader to be responsible for the day-to-day management and direction of the CEDA Facilities function. The Director of Facilities will supervise the activities and maintenance functions necessary to sustain all CEDA owned, leased and operated facilities while insuring compliance with regulatory agency standards and requirements. Advise Directors and management of facility policies and procedures.
The Director of Facilities must be a leader who assists with the coordination of new construction, renovation, and ongoing maintenance of buildings and grounds as it pertains to any budget related issue. Monitors cost efficiency, accuracy and timeliness of manpower and projects as it relates to any budget related issue.
Reporting to the President/CEO of CEDA, the Director of Facilities will be responsible for providing the overall direction for the department by determining and formulating policies and procedures. With a direct staff of 1.5, the Director of Facilities will manage the following functions:
• Plan and coordinate operational activities at the highest level of management.
• Be available on-call 24/7 to respond to any emergency situation regarding CEDA’s property jurisdiction.
• Analyze labor and all operational expenses for the department; handle major construction requests from management; and assist with prioritizing capital requests and projects by reviewing specifications, blueprints, agency requests, and proposing time lines.
• In conjunction with the President/CEO, formulate the department’s annual budget.
• Coordinate labor relations and supervise all administration, engineering and trades personnel.
• Ensure accountability from those whose duties have been assigned by monitoring and appraising their performance.
• Systematically improve staff by establishing a climate that encourages motivation, teamwork and successful performance.
• Implement, monitor and evaluate departmental quality, service, and cost effectiveness.
• Develop and oversee an effective CEDA-wide preventative maintenance system to ensure efficient use and lifetime of capital equipment.
• Implement and maintain a tracking system for all recurring services, projects and capital improvements, recommending changes as necessary.
• Ensure department provides cost effective and efficient maintenance programs for all CEDA-owned and operated sites.
• Conduct post-project evaluations to identify successful/unsuccessful project elements and direct improvements in best practices utilized by CEDA.
• Investigate and resolve deficiencies and complaints.
Travel: Extensive to various Agency site locations; automobile required.