Director of Development
Effective and well established mid-size DuPage County organization looking for Development professional with demonstrated performance in keys areas of fund raising, including Individual giving, Corporate & Foundations, and Major Benefits. Looking for strong leadership skills in managing a small, dedicated Development staff team along with proven ability to execute and expand "best practice" resource development initiatives. Experience in providing support to the CEO and Board and is essential. Knowledge of and funding raising experience in DuPage County required. Knowledge and use of basic donor software systems/gift processing preferred.
Candidate for the newly created Director position must be experienced and dynamic fundraising professional and work closely with the CEO and Board to:
- Cultivate the level of relationships necessary to provide leadership and support to all organization fundraising initiatives and related board and volunteer leadership development programs.
- Work closely with current and potential organization donors and public funding sources, Board members, staff, and other key community groups to expand the organization donor and volunteer leadership base.
- Develop and pursue strategies to raise funds from individuals, corporations, and foundations across DuPage County and surrounding area.
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit major donors for operating, capital, and special projects for organization.
- Provide leadership and management for planning, organizing and directing all organization annual Special Events and fundraising programs.
The DuPage Senior Citizens Council (DSCC) is a 501(c) (3) not-for-profit, community-based, volunteer-driven agency with a budget of nearly $3 million dollars. Since 1975, DSCC has been providing a variety of basic needs services to seniors in DuPage County, Illinois. Our programs help seniors live safely in their own homes and communities and provide them with the opportunity to maintain their physical and mental health. Full Time Staff: 12; Part Time Staff: 32; Volunteers: Over 1,750.
Programs and Services
Our programs include Home Delivered "Meals on Wheels", Senior Community Dining opportunities, Health and Wellness Education, Well-Being Visits, Minor Home Repairs, Contractor Referrals, and Chore Days. These programs promote the well-being of seniors and support the ability of older persons to live their lives with dignity.
FY2012 Statistics: Meals Provided: 244,000; Well-Being Checks: 175,000; Home Repairs/Yard Services: 750. Seniors served: 3,500.
DSCC Mission Statement: “The DuPage Senior Citizens Council initiates, delivers, monitors and coordinates services that promote the ability of older people to live their lives in dignity”.