Associate – Investment Sales
Essex Realty Group
About Essex Realty Group, Inc. (www.essexrealtygroup.com):
Essex Realty Group, Inc. is a commercial real estate investment firm that specializes in the brokerage of Multi-
Family, Retail and other investment properties valued between $1 million and $40 million. Essex has built a
strong niche for itself in the Chicago metropolitan market and is known for the integrity, market knowledge and
high performance of its professionals.
General Position Summary:
The available position is a unique opportunity in which the Associate will report directly to a Director and
Managing Director at Essex. Primary responsibilities will include conducting market research, performing
valuation analyses of investment properties, preparing commercial real estate proposals and marketing
materials, as well as aiding in business development and database maintenance.
This position is best-suited for a business-minded, entrepreneurial person, who is excited about the prospect of
learning how commercial real estate investment opportunities are sourced, valued, financed and transacted.
Skill Set Requirements:
1) Have a Bachelor’s Degree in real estate, finance, marketing or a related field.
2) Have a general understanding of cash flow analysis and financial reporting.
3) Be very detail-oriented and well-organized.
4) Have excellent writing and analytical skills.
5) Be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Publisher and Power Point).
6) Be personable and client services-oriented.
7) Be able to work in a sales-motivated environment.
8) Be self-motivated and have an entrepreneurial spirit.