Administrative Support (PT)
JCC Chicago touches, engages and connects the Jewish community at all ages and stages of life. Our bold, innovative vision fosters universal Jewish values that strengthen our community through dynamic, life-enriching experiences. JCC Chicago is the largest JCC system in North America, with diverse operations at locations across the metropolitan area. Our core offerings include Early Childhood Education, Children and Family Programs, Recreation and Wellness, Adult Programs, Day Camps and Overnight Camp.
The Administrative Aide is responsible for providing daily administrative and project support to the Adult Services staff. This position plays a key role in providing the highest level of customer service to all related program participants, program partners and staff.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provide overall administrative support for the Road Scholar programs, acting as the customer service liaison for National Road Scholar (managing hotel reservations, reports, customer service requests, schedules, program materials).
• Manage vendor and provider relations for the Road Scholar programs (confirmation of all aspects of program on a weekly basis, serving as point of communication for onsite staff at programs).
• Create and submit marketing copy and materials for department including program flyers, electronic communications (b-mails) and website information.
• Provide administrative support for the Adult Services Department including, but not limited to, submission of expenses for staff into agency program and responsibility for weekly on-site registration for Joyce Schrager program in Northern Suburbs.
• Work with Department Director and program coordinators to create and distribute all written and electronic communication pieces. Ensure timely distribution to program participants, staff and partners.
• Staff meeting coordination/communication, management of program rosters, grids, purchasing, internal room reservations for department programs and signage for the department.
• Field phone calls and provide program information to participants and staff.
• Develop and implement “best practice” procedures for all business and administrative processes for the Adult Services Department, ensuring knowledge of and compliance with agency processes and procedures.
• Maintain JCC volunteer network database.
• Work with Adult Services staff in all aspects of program delivery to assure maximal program experience for program participants.
• Work with JCC staff across agency to assure best practices in cross promoting all agency products and services.
• Attend and actively participate in staff meetings.
• Work with supervisor to develop and maintain personal contact with hotel management to maximize hospitality outcomes of Road Scholar programs.
• Develop and maintain personal contact with program docents & staff, soliciting and documenting feedback to ensure maximal outcomes for participant experiences.
• Develop and maintain personal contact with program vendors to ensure maximal outcomes for participant experiences.
• Work with supervisor to develop and maintain personal contact with Road Scholar national program staff to assure best customer service practices.
• Create and foster strong working relationships with staff across the agency.
• Develop and maintain personal contact with program participants soliciting feedback to assure clarity of participant’s expectations and needs. Communicate customer comments, concerns, and suggestions to the appropriate staff for follow-up.
• Ensure the highest level of customer service by providing clear and timely communication to all program participants.
• Be knowledgeable on all JCC programs in order to actively and effectively steward customers/potential customers through the array of JCC offerings. Answer customer questions and provide program registration support.
Approximately 20 hours/week
• College course work required; Associate or Bachelors degree preferred.
• Demonstrated proficiency utilizing Microsoft Word and Excel with the ability to learn other systems (such as eFinesstri) as required
• Significant administrative experience utilizing MS Word, MS Excel and internet required.
• Project/database management experience preferred
• Previous success working in highly customer service-oriented environment required.
• Previous experience managing multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously required.
• Previous experience creating departmental systems which maximize staff efficiency and productivity preferred.
• Previous experience writing and editing required.