The Night Ministry, a non-denominational, non-profit organization that connects youth and adults in need with resources and opportunities for health/safety, support, housing, employment, education, and more.
The Night Ministry is seeking a full-time Accounting Manager.
The Night Ministry’s core programs consist of connecting We connect youth and adults in need to basic resources and opportunities for housing, employment, education, and supportive services through our Health Outreach Bus, Youth Outreach Van, and Youth Shelter Network. Learn more about our programs and services at our website atwww.thenightministry.org
Position Summary: Manage the organization’s general accounting systems. Ensures that the general ledger is a true and accurate representation of the organization’s finances. Compiles and analyzes accounting data and prepares reports for the organization. Reports to the Vice President of Finance and Administration.
1. Supervise and direct all general accounting functions, accounts payable, and accounts receivable, and payroll.
2. Prepare financial statements and reports as scheduled accurately and timely.
3. Ensure that accounting practices and results comply with contractual and funding source obligations, applicable government and regulatory requirements, and overall objective of The Night Ministry
4. Accurately maintains Temporarily Restricted and Restricted fund accounting record and subsidiary detail
5. Accurately maintains the chart of accounts
6. Coordinates monthly and year-end general ledger closings and internal financial statement and schedule preparation, including qualitative balancing checks of each fund and various accounts. Implements monthly closing checklist.
7. Adheres to and improves internal controls to assure safeguarding of assets and reporting systems by developing and implementing approved policies and procedures related to general, fund and asset accounting; cash disbursements, reconciling various accounting transactions and analyzing financial statements and reports in accordance with accepted accounting and auditing principles.
8. Act as liaison to outside auditors and assist the Vice President of Finance and Administration with the annual audit process.
9. Ensures adequate preparation for funder audits and special reports.
10. Exercises budgetary control over payment of bills, invoices, payroll and all other vouchers for payment.
11. Provides for the safe custody, handling and keeping of cash.
12. Assists the Vice President of Finance & Administration with annual operating and capital budgets.
13. Conducts studies and investigations of financial aspects of the organization, and prepares reports for the Vice President of Finance & Administration
14. Ensure that Accounting employees are cross-trained to perform each other’s main job responsibilities when needed.
15. Perform other duties as assigned by the Vice President.
Mandatory Job Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with a minimum of seven (7) years experience working with government funding agencies (developing budgets, preparing vouchers, maintaining productive working relationships). Master’s degree and CPA a plus.
• Ability to effectively collaborate and interact with co-workers and outside constituencies in a manner that is professional, productive, and reflective of The Night Ministry’s core values.
• Demonstrated commitment to and identification with the mission and core values of The Night Ministry.
• Extensive experience and proficiency with Microsoft Excel and familiar with MS Office.
• Must have the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and projects
• Minimum of three years work experience that demonstrates growth and successful assumption of management responsibility.
• Ability and comfort working with diverse constituencies.