21 Ways to Get Publicity and Increase Sales!
CONTACT: ROBERT SMITH
Reporters are constantly on the lookout for products, companies,
and individuals to write about.
If you're not using publicity then you are missing out on sales
and leaving a lot of money on the table.
Advertising mixed with publicity or PR (public relations) can
increase sales in a short period of time.
1. Call the radio station when you hear " We have open lines."
and talk about issues that your expertise solves.
2. Give an award. (Find influential people in your community or
industry and give them an award.)
3. Get an editorial calendar from publications you'd like to
be in and find out upcoming stories that fit your expertise.
4. Arrange round up articles with other experts in your
5. Host your own radio show.
6. Write articles for newspapers and magazines.
7. Write Op/Ed columns for newspapers.
8. Write a letter to the editor.
9. Write a tip sheet. ( 21 Ways to...)
10. Write a guest column for newspapers.
11. Write a how-to article.
12. Write and send press releases to the media.
13. Start your own free local cable access TV show. (Contact
local cable company)
14. Speak for local civic groups and announce in their
15. Go where the cameras are. Read calendar of events section in
your newspaper or call newsroom and ask what events are they
16. Call photographers desk at local newspapers and volunteer
your office or building for backdrop or special issue stories.
17. Write a pitch letter.
18. Set up referrals with other well-known experts. Refer
reporters to each other.
19. Send reprints of articles to other media outlets and offer
20. Create your own special day. (Visit www.chases.com)
21. Call the media on slow news days (weekends and holidays) and
suggest a story.
Robert Smith is author of How to Get $100,000 in Free Publicity.
His website is www.championmediaworldwide.com